HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MARCH 31, 2020 BOARD MEETING
In an effort to keep you informed of your Cooperative’s operations and activities,
the following are highlights of the March 31 board meeting.
All directors were present telephonically. CEO Steve Seibert and Administrative Assistant
Lisa Hinton were present in person. Also present telephonically were Hoosier Energy
employees, CEO Donna Walker, Executive Vice President Tom VanParis and COO
Rob Horton. SIP Accountant Amy Ramsey and Earl Ridlen of the auditing firm LWG
and SIP attorney Chris Goffinet were present telephonically as well.
2. The February 19, 2020 board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
3. The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
4. February director’s reports were reviewed.
5. Walker, VanParis and Horton gave an update focusing on topics including Hoosier
Energy’s Long-Range Resource Plan and measures Hoosier Energy is taking for
the COVID-19 pandemic.
6. Ridlen of LWG reviewed the 2019 Audit Report in detail. After review, the board
approved the 2019 Audit Report as presented.
7. Seibert provided an update on the FTTH/broadband project with PSC.
8. Attorney Goffinet discussed with directors Annual Meeting options due to the
9. The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
a. Seibert reviewed the cooperatives pandemic work schedule with the
b. Seibert informed the board of patronage capital allocations and
retirements from Hoosier Energy and CFC.
c. Seibert reported he and Director Randy Kleaving attended a meeting
with Senator Braun on February 28.
d. Seibert informed the board that he, Chairman Jeff Vogel and Director
Dirk Stein attended the Spencer County Chamber dinner on March 12.
e. Seibert reported he attended an event with Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch
and Representative Stephen Bartels on March 14.
f. Seibert reported April 13 is National Lineman Appreciation Day &
April 22 is National Administrative Professionals Day.
g. Seibert reported the following meeting dates: Operation Round Up Board
of Trustees (to be held Telephonically) – April 1, CFC Forum – June 15-17.
10. Chuck Tiemann, senior risk management/regulatory compliance at IEC performed
basic life support, basic first aid, AED and bloodborne pathogen training on February 24
and defensive driving safety training on March 6. Seibert advised there were no lost
time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
11. A motion was made, seconded and carried by the board to approve the retirement
of 1995 capital credit allocations in 2020.
12. Director Gary Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy board meeting held
12. Chairman Jeff Vogel was selected delegate and Director Gary Waninger
alternate for the NRECA annual meeting to be held March 1-4, 2020.
13. Chairman Vogel reported on the NRECA Annual Meeting held March 2-4.
14. Director G. Waninger reported on the NRUCFC Annual Meeting held in
conjunction with the NRECA Annual Meeting.
15. The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meetings will be held
Wednesday, April 29, 2020.