Board Meeting Highlights
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE AUGUST 29, 2018 BOARD MEETING
In an effort to keep you informed of your Cooperative’s operations and activities, the following are highlights of the August 29 board meeting.
- All directors were present along with CEO Steve Seibert, Administrative Assistant Lisa Hinton and Accountant Amy Ramsey. Also present were 2018 Youth Tour participants Chase Beckort, Nicole Cash and Janna Neyenhaus.
- The July 19 Board meeting minutes were reviewed and approved.
- The membership certificates and vouchers were reviewed and approved.
- The director’s report was reviewed and approved.
- The first item of new business was presentations by youth tour participants Chase Beckort, Nicole Cash and Janna Neyenhaus.
- The Board approved IRS Form 990 as presented by Accountant Amy Ramsey.
- The CEO report was presented with Seibert reporting the following items:
- A Cooperatives One Board Meeting was held August 29.
- A 2019-2022 Work Plan meeting is scheduled for August 30.
- Seibert reviewed a 2018 Hoosier Energy rate survey.
- A retiree luncheon was held August 27. The luncheon was very well attended.
- Seibert informed the board of the 2018 CFC patronage capital allocation of $23,800 and capital credit retirement of $11,900.
- Wes McFarland, Marketing Services Coordinator at Hoosier Energy presented results of the 2017 American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) scores at an all employee meeting.
- Seibert reported Southern Indiana Power participated in the 2018 National Night Out campaign on August 2.
- Gruber Industries has been contracted by the cooperative to mow the Hoosier National Forest rights-of-way.
- K&K Dirtworks has been contracted by the cooperative to prove a right of way maintenance crew.
- Seibert reported the spray crew has completed spraying for 2018.
- Seibert informed directors of the following dates – NRECA Regional Meeting – Sept. 6-7, Washington DC legislative meeting – Sept. 25.
- Chuck Tiemann, Senior Risk Management/Regulatory Compliance Specialist with Indiana Electric Cooperative provided hazard recognition, line patrol, troubleshooting and NESC safety training and discussed accidents around the state and their causes and prevention on August 16. Seibert advised there were no lost time accidents and no public liability claims to report.
- Directors reviewed section three, Board of Director Roles, of the NRECA Good Governance Task Force report.
- Seibert discussed the Hoosier Energy Wholesale Power Cost Tracker with the board. There will be no changes to member rates at this time.
- Recommendations from the Wage & Salary Committee were presented by Committee Chairman K. Waninger and approved by the Board.
- Director G. Waninger reported on a Hoosier Energy Board Meeting held August 6-7.
- Director Kleaving reported on the Indiana Electric Cooperative board meeting held August 15.
- Chairman Vogel read thank you notes from Heritage Hills Quarterback Club, Pamela Thomas, Richard Fox, Michael Burton and the Tell City Band Boosters.
- The next regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting will be held Wednesday, September 19.